The CLC Pastoral Care Ministry is a group of men and women who possess a heart to minister to people in spiritual and practical ways. This ministry team operates as extensions of our Senior Pastors by providing spiritual encouragement and practical assistance to the CLC family.
“For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you invited me into your home. I was naked and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in Prison and you visited me. And the righteous ones will reply ‘Lord when did we see you hungry’…..And Jesus will say ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’”
The Pastoral Care Team comes alongside the other Ministry and Group leaders of CLC to help them care for the members of their ministries or groups. If a person is not yet connected to a group or ministry, the Pastoral Care Team becomes the primary source of care.
The mission of this team is to make disciples and they do this by demonstrating the love of God to those they serve. It is often said that people “do not care about how much you know, until they know how much you care.” Caring for those around us often times involves providing spiritual and practical assistance in times of need.
We believe prayer is a key ingredient for any ministry to succeed, especially in the area of pastoral care. The members of the CLC Pastoral Care Ministry pray regularly over the prayer requests that are submitted to the church. Along with personal and corporate prayer, many of our Pastoral Care Team members are also a part of the Altar Ministry, where they pray for members and guests following our services, while others are also a part of the Transformation Ministry, which is a counseling ministry of the church. Along with spiritual support, here are just some of the practical ways this team makes a difference:
- Meals for those recovering from illness/surgery or grief from death in the family
- Attend funerals and provide emotional and practical support in times of loss
- Hospital/Rehab and nursing home visits for encouragement and prayer
- Home visits to those recovering from illness/surgery for encouragement, prayer and practical help in the home
- House cleaning for those unable to clean due illness, surgery or grief
- Shoveling snow for those unable due to illness
- Minor home repairs for those who need help
- Calls and cards for encouragement
- Recommend CLC benevolences for financial needs
- Referrals to community resources including “Seeds of Faith Ministry,” for food, shelter, counseling, medical and financial needs
If you would like to know more information regarding the CLC Pastoral Care Ministry, contact our Pastoral Care Director, Jo Bowman, at Jo.Bowman@CLifeChurch.com or (207) 449-3824 x 202.